Gathering Intel for the African American Heritage of North Lawndale
Thanks to everyone who was able to participate in our online discussion to gather information on the African American heritage in North Lawndale. Please note that it's not too late to participate. As we think about sharing our experiences in North Lawndale, I'd like to ask a few questions. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like.
1. What are your strongest memories of North Lawndale?
2. What are some of your family traditions?
3. What activities do you remember from your block club?
4. What did you like about the parties?
5. Are there people who stand out in your mind that should be honored? If so, who? (they don't need to be famous)
6. When I mention North Lawndale, what images do you see (don't hold back)
7. Are you willing to share pictures, poems, websites, or anything that we can post onto the blog?