The North Lawndale African American Heritage Quilting Project will host Drive-Thru Quilting in honor of Black History Month, on February 25, 2012 at McDonald's on Roosevelt and Kedzie, from 10:00 am.-3:00 p.m. We ask that you give us an hour or less of your time to prepare a quilt block.
1. work with one of our experts to pull together a traditional block
2. draw a picture or symbol and color it with fabric paint or markers
3. bring a poem, paragraph, Bible verse, picture(s) of your family, friends, block club members, church, organization, etc so we can print copies onto fabric
4. bring fabric of your choice or use some of our fabrics
5. invite others to participate
Participants will be eligible for special discounts reserved for participants only.
I will provide flyers once they come back from the printer. In the meantime, please spread the word.
We thank Lofton & Lofton Management for their generous support of this event. The project partners include Better Boys Foundation, K-Town Historic District, Prevention Partnership Family Center and Urban Art Retreat. If you have any questions or would like to participate, let me know.